[XeTeX] pst-fill boxfill failure when compiling with XeLaTeX

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Wed Jun 14 00:29:47 CEST 2017

Hello Daniel,

On 14/06/2017, at 7:45, "Daniel Greenhoe" <dgreenhoe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Probably the most important reason I would like the XeTeX environment
> is because of the unicode font handling and ease of font switching
> (when the graphic includes text). However, even in that case, I could
> render the graphic with dvips+ps2pdf (as you said) and then apply the
> text on top of that using XeTeX.

There are several environments that help with this kind of thing;
e.g.,   LaTeX's  {picture}  environment
          Tikz
           Xy-pic's  \xyimport  function.

The latter is extremely versatile, as it sets up a coordinate system based on the size of the imported image, without needing to know explicit dimensions.
Then you can use it to go anywhere within the image and use any of Xy-pic's graphic elements to place text, draw lines and arrows in different styles, put frames around parts of the picture, and much more. All this in a coordinate independent way, in case you decide to rescale the imported image, but retain the same font sizes.

> Thank you again,
> Daniel

Hope this helps.

   Ross