[XeTeX] emdash and endash

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 10:45:25 CET 2017

No, -- and --- are handled by tfm in traditional TeX, in XeTeX it is
handled by the teckit mapping. The keywords are either Mapping=tex-text or
Ligatures=TeX. I have not examined the packages in depth but it may be
added automaticaly. The mapping is defined in file
texmf-dist/fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping/base/tex-text.map (*.map is
compiled to *.tec by teckit-compile).

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz