[XeTeX] emdash and endash

Johann Spies johann.spies at alterit.co.za
Fri Feb 17 22:22:23 CET 2017

I suspect it was after the last update of texlive (now 2016.20170123-2)
on my Debian Testing system that it happened that

--- no longer compiles like \textemdash{}
and
-- no longer like \textendash{}

It stays as typed.

I do not want to go through all my files to change --- to \textemdash{}
etc.

Is there some setting that I can insert to force xelatex to compile it
correctly?

Regards
Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 021-982 2694 / 082 782 0336 / 021-808 4699(w)
             Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536

     "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows:
      yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and
      afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions,
      he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of
      our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are
      healed."        Isaiah 53:4,5