[XeTeX] Mixed Roman and Indian alphabets for Sanskrit

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 15:09:12 CET 2017

I'm not sure what more to say, Phil.  My comments arise out of my
orientation to end-users (including myself), not the internals of the OT
language or the "you can do anything" strengths of TeX.  I'm interested in
transparent terminology that makes it obvious to a user, for example, which
hyphenation table is active at any particular moment in a document.

The fact that Script=Gujarati means slightly different things in different
macros, for example, as Ulrika pointed out, is extremely unhelpful to
serious authors who aren't TeX hackers.

Best,
Dominik

​
--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
​,​

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
​,​

Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
​,​
University of Alberta, Canada