[XeTeX] misaligned math if \smash used in subscripts

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Feb 14 09:55:58 CET 2017

Am Tue, 14 Feb 2017 00:41:48 +0000 schrieb David Carlisle:

> The following first reported at the unicode-math github
> https://github.com/wspr/unicode-math/issues/383
> but the problem can be seem with plain tex.
>

> In the tex below there are six repeated instances of a subscripted bracket
> they should all be the same but the first one is misaligned.

It works ok on miktex. See
http://chat.stackexchange.com/transcript/message/35423834#35423834
for my output. (On texlive I get the wrong one too).

Imho it is part of a number of questions and bug reports regarding
leaking fontdimens (e.g.
https://sourceforge.net/p/xetex/bugs/75/#b012) which should be fixed
in the development version.

--