[XeTeX] where to put woff files

Bobby de Vos devos.bobby at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 15:21:32 CEST 2017

On 2017-04-06 07:31, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Thu, 6 Apr 2017 07:10:06 -0600 schrieb Bobby de Vos:
>
>> On 2017-04-06 02:39, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>>> On the whole I would agree with the debian answer: applications like
>>> xetex/xdvipdfmx shouldn't try to use fonts it can't handle.
>> Thank you for your response. I will file a bug with Debian at some point.
> Why Debian? I meant it is more a xetex problem so I would add a bug
> report there.

Sorry for the confusion. I asked about woff files on a Debian email
list, and the response [1] was I should file a bug report against the
package that was choking on the woff files. That package would be the
package containing XeTeX. So I agree, not a Debian bug, but Debian would
receive a bug against the XeTeX package, and presumably forward that bug
to the XeTeX maintainers (which I would imagine are on this xetex list
already).

[1]
https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-fonts-devel/2017-April/019338.html

>> where do I put the extension? I can place the font name in brackets [],
>> and include the extension, but then I need to supply the entire path to
>> the font file.
> You don't need the full path. This here works fine for me (arial is
> a system font and the other is in the texmf tree):
>
> \font\test="[arial.ttf]:color=FF0000;mapping=tex-text" at 20pt
> \test
> alblbl ---

I had missed that, thank you for pointing it out to me.

Bobby

--
Bobby de Vos
/devos.bobby at gmail.com/