[XeTeX] where to put woff files

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Apr 6 15:31:54 CEST 2017

Am Thu, 6 Apr 2017 07:10:06 -0600 schrieb Bobby de Vos:

> On 2017-04-06 02:39, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>> On the whole I would agree with the debian answer: applications like
>> xetex/xdvipdfmx shouldn't try to use fonts it can't handle.
>
> Thank you for your response. I will file a bug with Debian at some point.

Why Debian? I meant it is more a xetex problem so I would add a bug
report there.

>> And xetex users shold avoid "vage" font loading by adding the
>> extension if possible.

> How do I specify the extension? If I am using plain XeTeX and have a
> line such as
>
> \font\bodyfont="Andika New Basic/GR" at 12pt
>
> where do I put the extension? I can place the font name in brackets [],
> and include the extension, but then I need to supply the entire path to
> the font file.

You don't need the full path. This here works fine for me (arial is
a system font and the other is in the texmf tree):

\font\test="[arial.ttf]:color=FF0000;mapping=tex-text" at 20pt
\test
alblbl ---

\font\test="[texgyrecursor-regular.otf]:color=00FF00" at 20pt
\test
alblbl ---

But you won't be able to use font options like /GR (at least that's
what xetexref says).

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/