[XeTeX] The FriBidiXeTeX program

Hossein Noorikhah hossein.ir at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 23:03:03 CET 2016

Hi,

Thanks for this useful application. I've tested it which worked just fine
for me. I'm going to test it further.

I hope that this approach —which I think is a must for a Unicode
application— will be incorporated in the core XeTeX, or a similar
functionality for bidi processing gets implemented.

One suggestion is to create a reverse translation, replacing \rl and \lr to
their Unicode equivalents like RLM/LRM, when necessary. When they are not,
just removing them. This helps going from a XePersian file with \rl and \lr
marks to a clean file. This also helps better testing of the application in
a back and forth translations as a kind of regression testing.

Another suggestion is finding the direction of the paragraphs, and if they
are LTR, using \begin{latin} and \end{latin} accordingly.

Hossein