[XeTeX] Are the new etex changes reflected in XeTeX? (was XeTeX bugs in bidirectional typesetting)

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Nov 21 16:10:16 CET 2016

Am Mon, 21 Nov 2016 12:28:05 +0000 schrieb Vafa Khalighi:

> Sure \textdir works in vertical mode in luatex but luatex's behavior is buggy. For instance, consider the following minimal example

> {\textdir TRT This} is just a test.
> \bye

> As you can see there is no indent at the beginning of the
> paragraph and that indent is shifted as a space between `This'
> and `is' which is completely wrong.

It looks logical to me. I mean, if I make the text longer so that is
goes over one line I would expect the paragraph indentation on the
right and not on the left (and so in the middle of my input) and
this is what happens:

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}
abc

{\textdir TRT As you can see the indent is on the right at the
beginning of the paragraph and that looks quite okay and that looks
quite okay and that looks quite okay and that looks quite okay and
that looks quite okay} is just a test.

\end{document}

--
Ulrike Fischer