[XeTeX] Are the new etex changes reflected in XeTeX? (was XeTeX bugs in bidirectional typesetting)

Vafa Khalighi vk489 at uowmail.edu.au
Sun Nov 20 04:55:08 CET 2016

Hi

When I discussed the TeX--XeT issues with Peter Bre­it­en­lohner, he made few changes in etex. Are these changes applied to XeTeX?

The changes were:

1) Fix hyphenation of LR and RL text

see http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/texk/web2c/etexdir/etex.ch?r1=29312&r2=32197

2) Better handling of right to left text

This is quite important since he changed TeX--XeT model into a new version where the order of whatsit nodes is no longer reversed. I believe this fixes many of the TeX--XeT problems if XeTeX applies it.

see http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/texk/web2c/etexdir/etex.ch?r1=29250&r2=29312

If this is not applied in XeTeX, it is better to apply it and see how things work.