[XeTeX] babel

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 10:44:09 CET 2016

> >Why to stop it? I just feel easier to have one common source for
> everything than maintaining a separate source for 8-bit
> >babel, for babel for XeTeX, for babel for luatex etc.
> >

> Currently, there are more than 500 binaries in the TeXLive distribution.
> There is a reason for all these binaries.
> However, this makes things very complex and there is no reason to add
> complexity.

IMO one common source instead of three separate sources reduces complexity.
If you have several babels and you wish to correct something, you have to
apply the same correction manually several times, the same way in all
relevant files. If you have a single source, you do it just once and
everything will be built automatically.

> A.S.

> Apostolos Syropoulos
> Xanthi, Greece