[XeTeX] babel

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 10:27:34 CET 2016

>IMO the reason for such activity is to have one common declaration for all engines so that everything

>is defined at one place and 8-bit babel as well as that for XeTeX is generated from the same source.

OK then let's stop compiling and distributing TeX, dvips, etc.! The approach: one tool for everything is
wrong, wrong! Although I rarely use Office suites, there are things that one can definitely do with
a scripting language and LaTeX but it is far easier to use a spreadsheet. I am not against Javier's
project I am just saying this is something the people who maintain babel should discuss.

A.S.