[XeTeX] Hyphenation of strings of more than 63 characters

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Mar 17 10:11:51 CET 2016

Jonathan Kew wrote:

> I'll try to get an experimental patch ready shortly. Or, of course,
> someone else is welcome to try. I don't think it's very hard, but it is
> more than just a single number.

I have never attempted to modify *TeX since it ceased to be compiled as
Pascal (a language which I liked and understood -- the complete opposite
of my non-relationship with C); what is involved in compiling *TeX these
days, with particular reference to compiling for the Windows platform ?

Philip Taylor