[XeTeX] Overfull boxes return status of 0 in XeTeX

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Mar 13 18:26:43 CET 2016

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:

> If a script begins with the characters "#!" and the name of a script
> interpreter, and has the execute bit set, then it can be executed like any
> other program, and the front end can run it the same way the front end
> would run any TeX engine.  This is a facility of the operating system,
> often called the "shebang" mechanism, and it is transparent to
> applications.  There is no need for the front end to know what language
> the script is written in, nor how to interpret that language.

As far as I am aware, Mathew, #! is meaningless to the Windows
command-line interpreter; I /believe/ (but have no first-hand knowledge
or experience) that its use is restricted to Unix-like systems.

** Phil.