[XeTeX] Overfull boxes return status of 0 in XeTeX

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 11:40:51 CET 2016

There is a more dangerous problem which returns with a zero code, namely
missing characters. Try this XeLaTeX code:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec,bidi}
\setmainfont[Script=Arabic]{FreeSans}
\begin{document}
\beginR مجھے
\endR
\end{document}

This is not even mentioned on the console, the user must read the log file.
Overful boxes make the output at least readable, missing characters present
a serious problem.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz