[XeTeX] discovering script support

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Mon Jun 20 21:28:44 CEST 2016

Is there a program (preferably a command-line program) that will tell me
what scripts an OpenType font supports?  The 2016 fontspec is giving me
a warning where I wasn't getting one before, e.g.
     * fontspec warning: "script-not-exist"
     * Font 'Nikosh' does not contain script 'Bengali'.
I've tried fc-list --verbose (including fonts that I know have script
info), but afaict fc-list does not display script info.  I've tried
googling this question, but the word "script" seems to be generic enough
that I can't find anything useful.  There are plenty of hits with "does
not contain script", but not afaict any that tell me how to determine
what scripts a font supports.

It may of course be possible that this font supports the Bengali script,
but doesn't explicitly say that.  But it makes me uneasy...

    Mike Maxwell