[XeTeX] Embed full font in PDF

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Fri Jul 22 21:03:40 CEST 2016

On 2016-07-22 14:55, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>> On 2016-07-22 13:29, maxwell wrote:
>> Moral of the story: upgrade fonts before complaining.
>>
> I had an opposite experience a few years ago. It was necessary to
> downgrade the DejaVu fonts in order to make them work properly with
> XeTeX. I do not remember the number of the broken version.

I also had another experience with these fonts: stacked diacritics don't
work with the mono style font.  Six years ago, when I initially reported
this problem, stacked diacritics would overstrike each other.  They no
longer overstrike, but the second diacritic winds up instead over the
next base character (to the right in a left-to-right script).

I should probably use some other sans serif font.  As I recall, the
problem is that there aren't a lot of sans serif monospaced fonts out
there that have combining diacritics; DejaVu was about the only one,
last time I looked.

    Mike Maxwell