[XeTeX] Tilde as space

Johann Spies johann.spies at alterit.co.za
Sun Jul 17 00:21:01 CEST 2016

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 03:10:04PM -0500, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> > On Jul 16, 2016, at 2:08 PM, Johann Spies <johann.spies at alterit.co.za> wrote:
> >
> > If I use ~space and compile it with xelatex I get ~space in the result.
> >
> > How should I implement a space like that - a method suggested by
> > lshort.pdf?
> >
> > Regards
> > Johann
>
> Howdy,
>
> Not sure what you mean by ~space. Do you mean a non-breakable space tying two words together, e.g., very~good, or something else?

Yes, and now when I wanted to illustrate it, I could not replicate the
problem that I saw earlier today in another document.

So sorry for the noise.  I retract my question.

Regards
Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 021-982 2694 / 082 782 0336 / 021-808 4599(w)
             Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536

     "I have been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen
      the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging
      bread."
                                  Psalms 37:25