[XeTeX] [tex-live] Seemingly inexplicable shift in page origin between TL 2014 and TL 2016

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Jul 15 10:26:58 CEST 2016

David Carlisle wrote:
> as stated earlier, if used under latex the specified page size is known and set in the latex allocated registers \paperheight/paperwidth,
Sorry, either messages are arriving out of synch or some are getting lost in the post; I don't seem to recall any mention of this, nor of "that will be the page size special change mentioned earlier"; could you let me have the message-IDs for this so that I can check if I am losing things ?

So is it safe to assume that \paperheight / \paperwidth are normal \dimen registers, and I can therefore just add them to my standard prelude in the same way that I already set \hoffset / \voffset  \hsize \visze \pdfpagesize / \pdfpageheight, etc ?

** Phil.