[XeTeX] Σχετ: Plain XeTeX, pdftitle, pdfinfo

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Jul 11 19:15:28 CEST 2016

Dear Ross (copy all) -- OK, I looked at the "pdfx" package and the first thing that surprised me was that the documentation file for it (http://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/pdfx/pdfx.pdf), when inspected using Adobe Acrobat 7.1, fails the conformity check for PDF/X-1A:2003 on nine counts --

 1. Annotation inside page area
 2. Document contains actions
 3. GTS_PDFXVersion key missing
 4. OutputIntent for PDF/X missing
 5. OutputIntent profile not "prtr"
 6. PDF/X label missing or incorrect
 7. TrimBox or ArtBox missing
 8. Uses colour other than 4c or spot
 9. Uses transparency

While some of these are explained by the fact that it is intended for web delivery rather than printing, it does not give one enormous confident that the package works as intended.  What I would therefore like, if this is possible, is for an example LaTeX source file that uses the "pdfx" package and generates fully compliant PDF/X-1A:2003 with Xe(La)TeX as  the typesetting engine.  In particular I need it to generate OutputIntent with /Info other than (None) and OutputConditionIdentifier other than (Custom), so that I can see what a fully-compliant PDF/X-1A:2003 has in these metadata fields.  Also one that embeds an ICC color profile and XMP metadata.  If you (or any member of this list) has such a source file, I would be most grateful for a copy so that I can investigate the \specials necessary to accomplish all of these goals.

** Phil.
--

Philip Taylor