[XeTeX] Make Tamil font as default

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 17:47:31 CET 2016

Hi,

I am sending you a modified tarball. It took me a long time to reinstall
one of my computers and there was a deadline for submitting my paper to
Elsevier.

I did several changes:

1. I have changed your config to a package because it is cleaner. It was
necessary to replace \usepackage with \RequirePackage and I have included
identification.

2. I have modified your Makefile. As mentioned by Herbert, you have to run
XeLaTeX three times, the first run creates the "aux" and "toc" files, the
second run prints the table of constents but if it takes two or more pages,
the page numbers will be wrong, therefore the third run is needed. I have
my perl script that calculates MD5 of the "aux" files and if it changes,
the document is reprocessed. Thus I am sure that table of contents is right
and cross references are properly resolved. It can be used even for calling
BibTeX. If you like I can send it to you.

3. Your Makefile did not depend on the included file, I ave added this
dependence

4. I have removed asterisks after the sectioning commands.

5. I have added a few parameters for suppressing hyphenation in the Tamil
font.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz