[XeTeX] misplaced accents in printout only?

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Jan 19 07:06:41 CET 2016

> I haven't encountered anything quite like this before, and it baffles me.
> I've tried outputting the PDF to PS and printing that.  Printing the PDF to
> another PDF.  I've tried using Evince not Okular.  Always the same
> problem.  Everything points to the printer or the printer driver.

  Or a combination of the printer, the printer driver, and the font.  I
notice you use CMU for the characters that exhibit the problem; could
you, or rather your student, try another font, like for example Latin
Modern?  I'm not certain Latin Modern fully supports the character set
you need, but it's worth giving it a try.

  This problem is by no means uncommon, and is usually encountered with
printers that do interpret PostScript and are in a way too smart for
their own good.  I have experienced similar issues for fifteen years (not
too often, fortunately).

	Best,

		Arthur