[XeTeX] potential new feature: \XeTeXgenerateactualtext

ShreeDevi Kumar shreeshrii at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 11:18:55 CET 2016

Hello Akira,

Help needed ...

I downloaded and installed texlive 2015 (on a windows 7 netbook) and then
copied the 6 binary files from your zip file.

However, now when I run xelatex with texworks I am getting the error

This is XeTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-0.99995 (TeX Live 2016/W32TeX/dev)
(preloaded format=xelatex)

restricted \write18 enabled.

---! c:/texlive/2015/texmf-var/web2c/xetex/xelatex.fmt doesn't match
xetex.pool

(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

When I try to run the package manager under Tex Live Manager, nothing
happens - I do not get the package manager window to update.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to fix this.

Thanks!

ShreeDevi