[XeTeX] potential new feature: \XeTeXgenerateactualtext

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 19:00:17 CET 2016

On 23/2/16 17:39, Philip Taylor wrote:
> Using Akira-san's "actest.pdf" as sample, Adobe Acrobat Pro 7.1 allows
> me to select only half of the text whereas Adobe Reader DC allows me to
> select it all; neither allows me to select individual kanji.

Ah, right... as there are no spaces between the kanji, they'll end up in
the same text object. That's a shortcoming of how the current
implementation works, for scripts that don't use inter-word spaces.

In either case, copy&paste actually gives you the whole text, even
though AAPro only highlights half of it, I guess?