[XeTeX] New feature REQUEST for xetex

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Tue Feb 23 04:12:19 CET 2016

On 23/02/2016 13:54, Andrew Cunningham wrote:
> PDF/UA for instance leaves the question deliberately ambigious.
> ActualText is the way to make the content accessible, but developers
> creating tools for PDF do not actually have to process the ActualText.

Yeah. (Sorry to keep banging the drum but) I've just done some tests
with SILE, which includes some support for tagged/accessible PDFs. Even
when the ActualText includes the correct Devanagari, I am still seeing
the same problems with cut-and-paste. I'm not sure what needs to be done
to get it right.