[XeTeX] Issue with Old Italic script & fontspec

Will Robertson will at wspr.io
Sun Feb 21 14:59:35 CET 2016

Hi David,

> On 21 Feb 2016, at 11:36 AM, David J. Perry <hospes.primus at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> Simon kindly tested my font in the SILE editor.  The script and language settings and the stylistic set all work as expected there. So it seems the font is not the source of the problems I'm experiencing.  Any additional insights are appreciated!

I don’t have time to do it tonight, but the best way to debug if this is a XeTeX problem or a package problem (never underestimate the ability for fontspec to do something it shouldn’t) is to load the font using “plain TeX” font loading; something like:

    \font\xx=“[abc.otf]/OT:+ss01” at 10pt
    \xx ABC123

Hopefully that’s enough to get started…

Cheers,