[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.99994 and xeCJK

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 13:20:17 CET 2016

On 7/2/16 03:29, Qing Lee wrote:
> On 2016-02-07 at 07:26:18 +0800 GMT, Akira Kakuto wrote:
>> Dear xeCJK authors,
>>
>> In the developing XeTeX, which will be in the upcoming TeX Live 2016,
>> the limit of character class is changed as:
>>
>> @d char_class_limit = 16384
>> @d char_class_ignored == char_class_limit
>> @d char_class_boundary == (char_class_limit - 1)
>>
>> If I test xeCJK with the new XeTeX:
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \usepackage{xeCJK}
>> \begin{document}
>> Test.
>> \end{document}
>>
>> it crashes as shown below.

Thanks for testing and reporting this.

I have just pushed a code change to sourceforge that aims to fix this.
As part of the fix, the limit has been revised again, so we now have a
max \XeTeXcharclass value of 4096 (the "ignored" class), and the special
boundary class is 4095.

Akira, if you could update your build for people to test, that would be
great -- thanks!

Please test not only the interchar feature, but also the e-TeX extended
registers (i.e. dimen, count, etc registers beyond 256), as the changes
here also affect the implementation of those registers, and it's very
possible that I may have introduced new bugs there.