[XeTeX] XeTeX - PDF-x1a

Bruno Le Floch blflatex at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 08:10:24 CEST 2015

On 9/4/15, Arthur Reutenauer <arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 10:44:19AM -0400, Adam Drissel wrote:
>> I need to be able to use XeTeX while still producing a PDF in x1a format
>> (PDF/A, PDF-x1a).  Do you have any idea how I can do this using XeTeX?
>
>   Unfortunately it's not really possible at the moment; the package pdfx
> aims at producing different standards of the PDF/A and PDF/X families
> but is aimed at pdfTeX.  To my knowledge there has been no serious
> effort to port it to XeTeX.

As far as I remember from a talk at TUG 2015, the packages used to
produce PDF/A using pdftex were extended to work with LuaTeX (perhaps
using newer versions of the package) and one difficulty they faced
with XeTeX was the lack of a way to compute MD5 sums.  Now IIRC a
primitive was very recently added to XeTeX for MD5 sums.  So perhaps
it wouldn't be too much work to port the package to XeTeX.

I really don't know tbh,
Bruno