[XeTeX] Alternate Ξ glyphs in GFS Neohellenic

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 17:01:33 CEST 2015

> according to the type specimen[^1] there are three different Ξ glyphs in the OTF
> version of the font GFS Neohellenic[^2] but I can only access two of them -- of
> course not the one I want at this time, the one without vertical or diagonals!
> Peeking inside the font with FontForge hasn't made me any wiser.  Does
> anyone know how to access them all?

I do not know about the speciment but the font that I have on my system contains
two such symbols. The sample code below shows what needs to be done:

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{xgreek}
\begin{document}
\Huge
\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text,Script=Greek]{GFS Neohellenic}
Ξ  % this is the letter Xi

%

\addfontfeature{Alternate=0}
%