[XeTeX] Discretionary hyphens don't work in paragraphed footnotes

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 23:55:54 CEST 2015

I have no time to look deep into it but does anybody know what is the
definition of \- if these packages is used? Isn't is possible that it is a
fragile macro? I remember one thing from Phil Taylor's tutorial held on
EuroTeX'92 in Prague. He said that the most frequent error is wrong timing
of expansion. Is it possible that \- is redefined in such a way that it
disappears somewhere during expansion of \footnote before t is typeset?

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz