[XeTeX] Support request for /Rotate in pdf

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Nov 10 16:55:17 CET 2015

Hironobu Yamashita wrote:

> I'd like to hear some other opinions.
> Has anyone ever had same kind of questions?

Yes, I agree with Hironobu-san.  For a "normal" user, the simplest way
to rotate a PDF is to open it in Adobe Acrobat, ask the latter to
"Document / rotate pages", select the appropriate options and then save
the modified file under a new name.  Unfortunately although such a file
can then be successfully processed by PdfTeX, the same is not true with
XeTeX, and one then has to additionally use the "rotate" parameter with
\XeTeXpdffile.  I believe that, as Hironobu-san has said, PdfTeX may be
regarded as having "set the standard" here, and it would therefore be
very helpful if XeTeX and (x)dvipdfm(x) could be augmented to behave in
the same way.

Philip Taylor