[XeTeX] Support request for /Rotate in pdf

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 16:20:27 CET 2015

Hi,

the difference is that pdftex does everything in one step, xetex prepares a
\special for xdvipdfmx. In order to implement /Rotate you have to read the
page directory. I do not remember the whole PDF reference but I think that
it is possible to have /Rotate for the whole document and /Rotate for
separate pages, both can be used together. When including the file, /Rotate
cannot be used, it is necessary to modify CTM.

There are official guidelines how to insert EPS, I do not know whether such
guidelines exist for inclusion of PDF. If so, the guidelines should be
followed.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz