[XeTeX] Incorrect rendering of Vedic Sanskrit accents

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Fri May 22 18:49:45 CEST 2015

On 2015-05-22 10:14, David M. Jones wrote:
> P.S. There's actually a third class of bug that is clearly visible in
> the table at the top of my document, but which I didn't mention
> explicitly: XeTeX won't typeset one of the Devanagari combining
> characters in isolation without adding a prothetic dotted circle
> (U+25CC).

I was waiting for someone who knows more about this than I do to answer,
but I'll display my ignorance.

Afaik that's not a bug, that's the way combining characters are
*supposed* to render when they don't have any character to combine with.
  There's a way to prevent that; I _think_ it's to precede the combining
character by a non-breaking space (U+00A0).  But I haven't tried that.

    Mike Maxwell
    University of Maryland