[XeTeX] Case changing for Greek

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu May 7 14:40:32 CEST 2015

Joseph Wright wrote:

> For performance reasons that code has been set up to assume that a
> sigma is final if it is followed by a space, a control sequence or a
> character from the list

The inclusion of "a control sequence" worries me; may I ask why you do
not propose to expand the control sequence (if expandable) or ascertain
its equivalence (if \let, for example) in order to predicate the
assessment as to whether or not the sigma is final on the expansion /
equivalence of the control sequences as would seem at first sight to be
required.

** Phil.