[XeTeX] Assignment of codes (particularly \catcode) based on Unicode data

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Wed May 6 17:04:49 CEST 2015

Hello,

I checked a bit the file and I have noticed that

\L 1F10 1F18 1F10 %

while xgreek.sty defines

\global\lccode"1F10="1F10 \global\uccode"1F10="0395

You see the uppercase of 'GREEK SMALL LETTER EPSILON WITH PSILI'
is 'GREEK LETTER EPSILON' and not 'GREEK LETTER EPSILON WITH PSILI.

Some time ago I reported this to the Unicode people and they told me

something like "we cannot change it now" (I do not remember the exact

wording but the essence remains the same.) Naturally, all \lccodes and
\uccodes for Greek letters are wrong and I suspect many more are wrong.

A.S.

PS Of course people who use the xgreek package have no problem.