[XeTeX] \font "<platform font>":color=FFFFFF produces black, not white glyphs

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 20:32:28 CEST 2015

> Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>
>  Professional Acrobat contains Prepress Tools that can verify PDF and fix
>> quite a lot of problems. It costs money but a damaged book may cost even
>> more. And there is also a PitStop plugin that may be useful. Many print
>> houses have it and complain if the supplied PDF does not conform to PDF/X.
>>

> Yes, well ...  I do have a licenced copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro, and it
> tells me that the PDF output from XeTeX is seriously PDF/X deficient ...
>
> But I am also a realist, and if the printer (i.e., the company / the
> person, as well as the device) can handle the PDF and produce good output,
> that is all that really matters ...
>
> Thera are problems that do not matter and problems that do matter. PDF/X
requires metadata in XML but IMHO they are not used by phototypesetters. I
ignore such errors. What does matter is not embedded fonts (you never know
what fonts will be used), transparency (you never know what happens), low
resolution of bitmap (poor quality) and RGB colours (you never know which
ICC profiles will be used for conversion to CMYK).

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz