[XeTeX] \font "<platform font>":color=FFFFFF produces black, not white glyphs

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Mar 29 18:46:39 CEST 2015

Khaled Hosny wrote:

> That is a bug in xdvipdfmx; FFFFFF will be converted by XeTeX to
> FFFFFFFF when written to the XDV, but xdvipdfmx uses the 0xFFFFFFFF
> value to mean that no color have been selected so ends up ignoring the
> color here.

Oy vey !

A work around is to set the color to FFFFFF00 (or any other
> value for the alpha since xdvipdfmx does not support transparency
> currently).

Thank you Khaled -- I had hit on that idea by experiment, but am glad to
have you confirm it.

** Phil.