[XeTeX] arabic diacritics breaking words in Linux xelatex

Kamal Abdali k.abdali at acm.org
Sat Feb 14 06:40:46 CET 2015

Nicholas,

Thanks for testing the file. Another member, who wrote directly to me, also
got correct output from TEX Live 2013 under a slightly older version of
Open SUSE.

Not knowing what else to do, I uninstalled TeXLive 13 and installed TeXLive
14. The latter is not pre-packaged on Open SUSE 13.2, so I had to install
it  from the TeXLive 14 DVD. This was a desperate step, but that other
version version of TeX did solve the problem.

Incidentally, the TeX Live ISO doesn't contain a binary of Texworks for
Linux. Open SUSE does, of course, have Texworks as a package. But in Open
SUSE the package dependencies are such that when you ask it to install
Texworks, it wants to install the whole TeXLive 13 again! So I had to
download Texworks sources and make it from scratch.

Thanks for your help.

Kamal