[XeTeX] Problem with pdf

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Aug 30 11:54:09 CEST 2015

> On Aug 30, 2015, at 4:14 AM, M. Lin <serymath at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Please see the file in attached. There is no error when I compile it, but there is no pdf output in that folder.
> It works well before I install MacTeX 2015.
>
> Sery
>
> On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 4:18 AM, Heiko Oberdiek <heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 29.08.2015 19:16, M. Lin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problem with pdf output when I running xetex. There is no any
> errors, but it does not produce pdf file.
>
> This is normal, when there is no material to be shipped out, e.g.:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \begin{document}
> \end{document}
>
> Therefore, more details are helpful, e.g.:
> * Minimal example, which is supposed to set something like
>
>     \documentclass{article}
>     \begin{document}
>       Hello World
>     \end{document}
>
> * The ".log" file of the XeTeX run.
>
> Yours sincerely
>   Heiko

Howdy,

I don't have the Khmer OS, Khmer M1 or Euclid fonts on my system. If I substitute Khmer MN for both of the Khmer fonts above and Times for the Euclid font I have no problem compiling the file and getting pdf output; see the enclosed files. I have no idea if the Khmer text is correctly displayed.

First, have you updated the TeX Live 2015 distribution (installed by MacTeX) using TeX Live Utility? It can be found in /Applications/TeX. There have been many updates to packages since the release of MacTeX-2015.