[XeTeX] XeTeX maintenance

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Apr 26 13:00:12 CEST 2015

Joseph Wright wrote:

> The problem as always is not so much money as people.

Yes, I do appreciate that, but sometimes money is also an obstacle ("do
I work on X, which will help keep a roof over my head, or on XeTeX,
which may bring me fame but which may also result in my eviction ?").

> [Also, you do know about LuaTeX, yes? ;-)

Yes, of course, but I see it as an evolutionary dead-end, much as I
would wish to see it otherwise.

> More seriously, XeTeX isn't a drop-in replacement for TeX90/pdfTeX.]

I have yet to find a legacy document which behaves differently (legacy
Plain TeX, that is, not legacy LaTeX); if you can point me at one, I
should be interested to experience the differences for myself.

** Phil.