[XeTeX] Media9 buttons in RTL text

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 20:23:33 CEST 2015

On 24 April 2015 at 18:35, Karljurgen Feuerherm <kfeuerherm at wlu.ca> wrote:

>  I tried all kinds of variations (including \texthebrew{} in the button
> labels), but not this!
>
>  I guess the \textenglish{} wrappers keep things tidy, somehow?
>
>  Thanks so much.

Yes the problem is that the underlying \beginL \beginR direction primitives
re-order the \specials
 as well the text direction so the specials to end the pdf form object ends
up before the
 ones starting  them and things go wrong. So \textenglish used as a
convenient way to get back
to Left-to-right so the \special's are not re-ordered and then you need to
nest \texthebrew
again for the text.

Khaled had an experimental build for a while last year attempting to fix
this
(I guess it would have fixed this case) but unfortunately it broke other
things
and it's been reverted so this workaround is needed.

David