[XeTeX] Error using Kohinoor Devanagari font

Deepak Jois deepak.jois at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 00:19:22 CEST 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 7:48 PM, Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems that it is not a free font. I found an information saying that it
> is an OT font but who knows. Does the font work in other applications?

Yes, it is an OpenType font. It is not a free font, but it is the
default Devanagari font that is bundled on OS X 10.10. It is a
customised version of the following font available from ITF:
http://www.indiantypefoundry.com/fonts/indian-type-foundry/kohinoor-devanagari/

It works fine in other OS X Applications, like Chrome, TextEdit etc.

> (Is the text from टोबा टेक सिंह by सआदत हसन मंटो? I reat this story more
> than a year ago and do not remember it well.)

Yes it is :)

> शुभकामनाओं सहित
> ज़्देन्येक

शुक्रिया!