[XeTeX] Bidi, polyglossia, and luatex

Karljurgen Feuerherm kfeuerherm at wlu.ca
Mon Apr 20 19:00:28 CEST 2015

I didn’t provide a minimal example in this case because it didn’t seem
necessary. However, here you are. Compiles fine using XeLaTeX but not with
LuaLaTeX.

\documentclass{memoir}
\usepackage{fontspec,libertine,polyglossia}
\setotherlanguage[]{hebrew}
\newfontfamily{\hebrewfont}[Script=Hebrew]{SBL Hebrew}
\begin{document}
This is banal and boring text. This is \texthebrew{עברית} rather than
English.
\end{document}

I had a discussion with Vafa Khaligi last October who acknowledged the
issue.