[XeTeX] additional beginL endL nodes in math

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Thu Apr 16 08:05:32 CEST 2015

On 16/04/2015 01:21, Vafa Khalighi wrote:
> And since when
> LaTeX has a package/ or test files that uses \beginL \endL?

The kernel doesn't use any directional features. However, it does have a
large set of tests, some of which cover math mode: nny change to the
\showoutput result will show up. To date, pdfTeX and XeTeX have given
identical output for the same (7-bit) input if specials have not been
involved (LuaTeX does not as it uses Omega-like directional data).
Having TeX-XeT active changes this. As David has already said, we will
find a way to work with this, probably duplicating the test file output
for pdfTeX/XeTeX but perhaps normalising (if I can think of a way to do
it!).
--
Joseph Wright