[XeTeX] rendering of U+0903

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 16:07:19 CEST 2015

> On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:50:47 +0100
> Arthur Reutenauer
> <arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org> wrote:
>
> >   Have you tried using a non-breaking space (U+00A0) as the base
> > letter?
> >

> Great idea which works perfectly for what I wanted to do, i.e. to create
> an A2 poster of the Sanskrit alphabet.
>
> http://comedy.dante.de/~manfred/sanskrit_alphabet_A2.pdf
>
> Nice but vocalic R an L are in long places, they belong in between long U
and E. Moreover, HA is not a sibilant, it is a gutural  aspirate and should
not be on the same line with sibilant. It is even more complex, from KA to
MA you have voiceless unaspirated, voiceless aspirated, voiced unaspirated,
voiced aspirated, nasal in eac group, then the scheme changes.

> Thanks a lot, Manfred

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz