[XeTeX] XeLaTeX or LaTeXiT strange behavior

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Mar 3 21:33:18 CET 2014

On Mar 3, 2014, at 2:43 AM, Yves Gaudemer <gaudemer at ipgp.fr> wrote:

> Hello Axel,
>
> I have followed your advice : I removed the \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} line and changed unicode into unicode-math in the \usepackage{fontspec,unicode} line. I no longer have the error message mentionning \sups being already defined, the formula is composed OK but it is displayed with what looks like Computer Modern font, instead of the expected Chalboard SE for roman characters and Euler for math symbols.
>
> Yves

Howdy,

Use

\usepackage{unicode-math}
\setmathfont{Chalkboard SE}

However, Chalkboard, with or without the SE, is NOT a true math font and any mathematics comes out looking quite terrible.

Try \setmathfont{XITS Math} or \setmathfont{Asana Math} or \setmathfont{TeXGyrePagellaMath-Regular}. But you may have to copy the opentype fonts from /usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/... to your personal Fonts folder, ~/Library/Fonts.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)