[XeTeX] New version of xetex

Vafa Khalighi texpersian at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 16:22:52 CEST 2014

Hi David

I just did a quick experiment with new XeTeX. Since in new TeX-XeT
algorithm, \beginR, \beginL, \endR, and \endL can also be used in math
mode, the previous approach is not needed. Here is a test file for standard
LaTeX tabular environment:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\makeatletter
\def\@tabular{\leavevmode \hbox \bgroup $\beginR\let\@acol\@tabacol
   \let\@classz\@tabclassz
   \let\@classiv\@tabclassiv \let\\\@tabularcr\@tabarray}

 \def\endtabular{\crcr\egroup\egroup \endR$\egroup}
\makeatother
\begin{tabular}{cccc}
First&Second&Third&Fourth\\
\end{tabular}
\end{document}

I will look at longtable and see if the same kind of thing can be done
there.