[XeTeX] MatchUppercase / Lowercase not working

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jul 14 03:05:50 CEST 2014

On Jul 13, 2014, at 7:17 PM, William Voelker <rekleov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since I've updated to TeXLive 2014 (Mavericks), a command such as this
>
> 	\fontspec[Scale=MatchUppercase]{Optima}
>
> returns an "Undefined control sequence" error. Has there been a change to fontspec? Files I used this command with in 2013 (and before) sailed through without a hiccup.
>
> Wm

Howdy,

I had problems with MatchLowercase. Have you updated using TeX Live Utility (or tlmgr directly)? There was a problem when the expl3 packages were updated but there have been updates to both the fontspec and unicode-math packages that fix all of that.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)