[XeTeX] \subsubsection or something similar?

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at skimble.plus.com
Sun Jul 6 00:19:42 CEST 2014

Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> writes:

> On Jul 5, 2014, at 12:01 PM, Sharon Kimble <boudiccas at skimble.plus.com> wrote:
>

>> How can I have "\subsubsection*{Indications}" showing in the PDF, but
>> not in the toc? This is in the "article class", and using the above
>> there is no differentation between the heading and the rest of the
>> text. \section is used for the chapter headings, \subsection for the
>> individual drug names, and \subsubsection for the individual sections of
>> the drug. Or is there anything that I could use in place of
>> \subsubsection please?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sharon.
>
> Howdy,
>
> I don't quite understand... the * version of the command will not be
> numbered inplace and will not be placed in the toc. Is that what you
> want? If you want it to be numbered but not show up in the toc use
> \subsubsection{Indications} and \setcounter{tocdepth}{2} and none of
> the \subsubsection commands will appear in the toc.

What I'm looking for is for some way to have a heading similar to
\subsubsection, which does not show in the toc, but is displayed
prominently in the final pdf. I already have the tocdepth set in the
master document and have just removed all of the *, so we'll see how it
goes as I work on it.

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.92.1