[XeTeX] Hyphenation around „ß“

Keith J. Schultz schultzk at uni-trier.de
Mon Jan 13 17:47:03 CET 2014

Hi All,

according to the new reformed rules, the use of ß is dependent on the length of the preceding
vowel.
So, according to the latest reformed orthography rules wusste is correct.

Some words seem to be still allowed with the older orthography, but the they are exceptions.

Either way,  the way ß is hyphenated stays the same! So, whenever a ß shows up the hyphenation method stays.

For all interrest there has been two main reforms to the reform of 1996. To my knowledge the latest was in 2006.
Most of these reforms were regarding spelling to reduce much of the confusion and many exceptions introduced in 1996.

Gruß, regards
	Keith